Terms and conditions of use
On www.esmeraldacosmetics.it orders for Esmeralda Cosmetics products can be placed. When the order confirmation has been received the following conditions are accepted. The Customer must provide its own personal data, including the tax code for invoicing. Acceptance of the order by Esmeralda Cosmetics is tacitly accepted when the goods have been shipped. No customer may request refunds for damage to persons and/or to things, or for a request for damages or compensation in a case where an order is not accepted or rejected. When the online buying procedure has been completed, the Customer should print the page or save a digital copy and in any case keep these general sales conditions in respect of what is set down in articles 3 and 4 of Law Decree Dlgs. 185/1999 on distance sales.
The prices published in the site all include VAT.
Packages are prepared in such a way as to conserve as far as possible the integrity of the products and the relative packaging. At the moment of handing over the package to the courier, Esmeralda Cosmetics transfers all responsibility to the Customer. Specifically, Esmeralda Cosmetics will not bear responsibility for any delays or damage incurred during transport. In a case where a package is damaged, the Customer should conditionally accept it in view of a request for reimbursement from the courier.
Shipment and delivery times
Shipment will be entrusted to SDA at a standard price of €6.50 including VAT. With an order of at least €49.90 delivery is free. For orders received from Calabria and Sicily a surcharge of €2.50 is added to the standard shipping cost. Shipment will be made by the end of the day for orders received by 16:00; after this deadline shipment will be made the following day. Delivery times are normally around 24/48 hours. Mindful that shipment starts from Sardinia, slight delays will be due to the geographical position of the start location.
How to pay
- Credit Card
This is the fastest system; payment can be made through any card linked to Visa, Mastercard, American Express. Holders of Postepay and Banco Posta click, which are included in the MasterCard and Visa Electron circuits, can also pay by credit card.
- Cash on Delivery
Customer final payments are in cash paid directly to the courier delivering the goods. Cash on Delivery bears a surcharge of €4.50 VAT included.
In cases of goods bought via PayPal, together with the conclusion of the online transaction, PayPal will immediately debit the amount corresponding to the transaction.
- Bank transfer
Payment can be made by bank transfer. In this case Esmeralda Cosmetics will ship the goods as soon as it has received the credit on its current account.
Right of withdrawal
To exercise its right of withdrawal, the Customer must send Esmeralda Cosmetics a communication within 14 working days from the date of receiving the goods. This communication must be sent by registered mail with return receipt, addressed to:
ESMERALDA COSMETICS - Via del Piave, 39 - 07026 Olbia (OT) Italy
or by registered email (PEC) to firstname.lastname@example.org, to be sent within 14 days.
The right of withdrawal relates to the following conditions:
- the right applies to a product bought in its entirety;
- it is not possible to withdraw only in relation to a part of the bought product;
- the bought good must be entire and returned in the original packaging, complete in all parts;
- in accordance with the law, shipment charges relating to the return of the good are the customer’s responsibility;
- shipment, up to receipt in our warehouse, is under the total responsibility of the customer;
- in a case of damage to the good during transport, Esmeralda Cosmetics will inform the customer of this eventuality as soon as possible, in order to enable the customer to give timely notice to the courier chosen by it, and obtain the reimbursement of the value of the good (if insured); in this case, the product will be made available for return to the customer, and at the same time the request for withdrawal will be cancelled;
Esmeralda Cosmetics responds in no way to damage or theft/loss of goods returned with non-insured goods; the product will be checked in order to evaluate any eventual damage or tampering not related to shipment. Should the product be ruined, Esmeralda Cosmetics will withhold a percentage from the due reimbursement as a contribution to expenses for replacement.
Leaving aside any replacement expenses for ascertained damages to the original package, Esmeralda Cosmetics will reimburse the Customer the whole amount of the good already paid for (excluding shipping costs), by Bank Transfer or Paypal, within 14 days from the date the good was received. The Customer has the responsibility of duly supplying bank coordinates where it is to receive the reimbursement (name, surname, name of current account holder, IBAN code).
Right to withdrawal is entirely removed where there is not an essential condition of integrity of the good (packaging and/or its content), in cases where Esmeralda Cosmetics ascertains:
- lack of elements making up the integrity of the product;
- damage to or tampering with the product due to causes that are not attributable to its transport.
In a case of removal of the right to withdrawal, Esmeralda Cosmetics will return the bought good to the recipient, debiting it with the shipment costs.
The personal data requested during the step of registration on the site and shipment of the order are collected and treated with the aim of satisfying the Customer’s request.
This data will also be used for institutional purposes connected to or instrumental in the activities of our company, namely:
- for performing a service or one or more operations, contractually agreed;
- for satisfying legal obligations;
- for operating and management needs;
- for control operations of the progress of relations with Customers;
- for the purposes of operating and strategic marketing;
- for sending advertising material or commercial information.
Personal data will in no case and for no reason be passed on to third parties. Esmeralda Cosmetics guarantees its customers respect for regulations in the matter of treatment of personal data, disciplined by the privacy code, reference Law Decree dlgs 196 of 30.06.03.
By registering on the website or proceeding to the carrying out of the order, tacit consent is given for treatment of personal data in accordance with Law Decree dlgs 196 of 30.06.03.
The sales contract between the Customer and Esmeralda Cosmetics is considered to have been struck in Italy and to be regulated by Italian Law. For the solution of civil and penal disputes deriving from the present distance sales contract, territorial competence is the exclusive responsibility of the Law Courts of Olbia Tempio.
Esmeralda Cosmetics seeks to provide best quality of ingredients on the market. Notwithstanding this, the individual must also take the following into consideration:
- making sure not to be allergic to any of the product ingredients before application;
- each customer is responsible for any reactions to ingredients of the products sold, exonerating Esmeralda Cosmetics from any responsibility.
- none of our products should be used in replacement for medical or clinical treatment;
- the information published in www.esmeraldacosmetics.it is not to be understood as treatment or therapy for dermatological problems;
- the advice published in www.esmeraldacosmetics.it or provided by Customer Service is intended as informative but is not to be understood to be a substitute for a doctor’s opinion;
- contact your doctor regarding any doubt.
Olbia (OT), March 2017